Overseas Trip List 2016
We've been running these trips since 1990. There were no other tours like these on the travel market when we began. 20 years later, we remain the only such tours on the market.
- Flexible itineraries. If something turns out to be especially good, we have the flexibility to spend extra time there. Those who book early get to help choose the exact dates of departure and return.
- You walk. Other transport may include airplanes, buses, taxis, boats, etc.
- Flexible costs. Our fee covers the guide plus pre-trip organisation. You also have to pay your share of the expenses for meals, accommodation, transport, etc. The guide pays the same additional costs you do and will keep these as low as is consistent with safety and comfort.
Note. Details of overseas trips may need to be changed due to changing circumstances in the countries where those trips take place.
We've now almost finalised our overseas trips for 2016.
- South Africa, Namibia and Botswana: 4-5 weeks, March-April
The fourth draft of the notes describing this trip went onto the website on 6 December. This trip is now full. We are, however, taking a wait list.
Guide: Russell Willis.
If you think you might be interested in this trip, please
send us an email.
Note. Those who get in early will have a chance to help fix the final itinerary.
- New Caledonia
When I want to New Caledonia on a private trip in 2013, I discovered that it has some great walking. Unless you speak French, you won't find much about it on the web.
- Madagascar: 4 weeks September
2016 will be our third Madagascar trip. Those parts of the notes which still refer to 2015 will be updated as soon as we are able to finalise the arrangements with our local operator.
In the meantime, we already have bookings.
Tracey Dixon posted a video from our 2015 trip. That should give you a better fell for what it's actually like.
Probable guide: Russell Willis
- Japan: 9-29 October
One of my guides, Rod Costigan, has done a number of walks there and is working on a possible trip.With the Japanese yen falling against most other currencies, Japan is becoming ever less expensive to visit. It's still not cheap. Click the link for details.
If you think there is any chance you might be interested, please send us an email.
- South Africa — two trips on offer
- The long one: 6-8 weeks, October-November
This itinerary is based on several of the trips we have done in the past.
- The Short One: About 4 weeks, October-November
This will be based on a trip I did in late 2013. It will take place entirely in the Western Cape Province or just outside it. It will definitely include
The Wellington Wine Walk and/or the Biosphere Breakerway
and all or part of the Hoerikwaggo Trail
None of the overnight walks on the shorter trip will require you to carry a full pack.. Please watch for updates.
If you think there is any chance you might be interested, please send us an email. We won't be doing any more work on the details until we know that we have a few people who are interested.
- Scandinavian Christmas: December 2016 - January 2017
Two of my regular clients who did a trip to Scandinavia last Christmas were recently raving about it. If you think you might be interested in a two to three week trip to Scandinavia in late December or January, please
Note. None of the discounts which apply to our Australian trips apply to any of our overseas trips.